Friday, February 20, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!

My dearest Wendy,

Today we celebrate your Fifty Years on this planet. 

I am so thankful to God for allowing me to spend at least half of those years with you as my wife. 

You've taught me so much about what it means to follow Jesus, and to love others, and to sacrifice and to give, and to serve. Without you I'd still be a selfish, egotistical, narcissistic buffoon. 

You've made my life so beautiful. Without you I wouldn't know what it was like to be a Father, or how much I could love those two wonderful boys you gave me.

We've been through so much together, some of it harder and more painful than either of us expected, but you stood beside me through it all. Your support, and your love, and your faith in me and in the Lord during those times sustained me and carried me more than you will ever know. You were my rock, Wendy. You kept me sane. I'm so grateful to you for believing in me when no one else did.

I know it can be challenging to live with three boys. You don't always get to watch what you want, or to do what you want, or to go where you want, or to eat what you want. But, like everything else you do, you handle it with grace and a smile.

To be honest, I'm a little obsessed with you. I love waking up early in the morning, when you're still asleep, and to just look at your gorgeous face as you sleep. I wish I could take a picture of you like that, sleeping so peacefully, radiating such breath-taking beauty. 

I marvel at my good fortune. How did I find you? What made you fall in love with me? Why do you get better looking and more sexy every day?

These are the questions I ask myself every morning as I gaze at your lovely face.

I don't really need the answers, really. The questions themselves reveal God's amazing goodness to me. I don't understand how or why. I just know that God loves me so much that He made someone like you and then He made sure to put us together.

Please don't worry about getting older, Wendy. My love for you is already over the moon. I would love you even if you lost every tooth in your head. I would fawn over you even if every hair on your head fell off tomorrow. 

I love you. I love you. I love you. Forever and ever. I love you.

I can't wait to spend another 25 years with you, my love. You're the best thing that ever happened to me.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Wendy.

I love you,
Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment