Thursday, February 19, 2015

From Felicia



Dearest Wendy,

I have known you for 45 years (lacking one month). In fact, this past six years in Tennessee is the longest we have ever lived apart. You have always supported me and encouraged me. Given me good advice (whether I have taken it or not). You have been infinitely patient and forgiving, listening to me moan and complain, helping me out of difficult situations; even those I created myself! You are not only my sister but my best friend.

I admire the love, joy, and kindness that you so willingly and seemingly effortlessly share with others. You give of yourself to others no matter how tired, busy, or sick you are. You are intelligent, compassionate, empathetic, steadfast, and so many more wonderful things that words fail to do you justice. I really don’t know how you do all you do with such a patient, calm and loving spirit.

But now you’re 50, over the hill, the big 5 0. Not really! (However, it does bother me that people have to ask which of us is older and you have less grey hair than I do!)

I wish I could be there for your birthday. I will be there in spirit. I love you very, very much! I hope you have a fabulous birthday.

Love always,


Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment