Friday, February 20, 2015

From Leigh



Wendy,


I believe it has been almost two decades since we first met. It's hard to remember back to those days back at Newport Vineyard and when Keith and I worked together, but I think back so fondly to those early days when our boys would play so happily together. You and your family have remained faithful friends to us over the years and we consider you part of our family. I love that our boys have all remained such great friends too! As you celebrate your 50th birthday, I hope you know how special you are to so many. When I think of you, I can say so many wonderful things. But I will narrow it down to the three first words that come to my mind: gracious, faithful and kind.


You have shown grace to so many people. As my friend, you have stood by my side with so much grace. No matter what the situation, I know I can call you for help. Not only are you willing to help, but you do so without judgment. Even when people don't deserve it, you demonstrate the grace of God in your actions because you give unconditionally to me and to so many. Thank you for standing with me through all the ups and downs and never tiring of "being there". There are those who do tire of it. Some become weary of showing grace, but God has given you a special strength to show grace time after time. That quality is a gift because it becomes a blessing to those around you. I am so glad I am one of those people.


Also, you are faithful. I have seen your faithful commitment to your boys and how you have poured into them all of their lives. You are a faithful and supportive wife. You are faithful to the people in your church. You are faithful to your community. You are faithful to God and His word. You are faithful to your friends and family. You are one of those people that others always know they can rely on. This is an inspiring quality, and I'm so glad you are my faithful friend.


Lastly, you are so incredibly kind and thoughtful. I have been the lucky recipient of more than one delicious birthday mud pie! Yum! But you are so thoughtful and caring to all of your friends, to those in your neighborhood, and to those in your church. You always try to make people feel special and are always willing to open your home to anyone needing care. You are always putting others first. That is an amazing quality.


Wendy, you are a true shining example of the love of Jesus. Truly. I have never met anyone else who puts into action the attributes of God's love the way you do. These gifts have touched so many people. I am so blessed that you are my friend, and I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated on this day, your birthday, as well as every other day of the year!


Happy Birthday, my dear friend! Here's to 50 more amazing years!


Love you!



Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment